Pages

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Belated Rice Dumpling Bak Chang 粽子

Much to my surprise, the rice dumplings (bak chang) are already there at home when I came home last night. This year I decided to supply the filling of the dumpling and I cooked them las Thursday. This morning I have a taste of it for breakfast and then lunch.

The bak chang in rectangular shape and not triangular shape as I suspected. My mum in-law doesn't know how to wrap in triangular shape but it really doesn't matter as the taste is not governs by the shape.

Bak chang revealed... the first smell after I warm it up in the microwave confirmed the taste of childhood


Oh.... Finally after eating the Cantonese version for many years here, I finally got the true Malaysia nyonya flavors, exactly like the one my mum used to made during the Double Five festival (端午节). It was so good that actually had 2 for lunch today.
Mum in-law made so many that I have to give some away this afternoon.... good food are meant to be share anyway...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin