Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Malaysian Food Fair

Today is a busy foodie day for me. I went to Malaysia Food Fair at noon time. This is a annual Malaysia Food fair hosts at the compound of Malaysia Embassy in Den Haag. The weather is fine and since the event started only from 12 noon, it was not very busy when I arrived.
Malaysia flag flying high...

Me at the Malaysian Food Fair at Malaysia Embassy, Den Haag


Various stalls...
The different food stalls, from amateur to professional and therefore the quality of the food varies... I had both delicious and some definitely not the taste of Malaysia food ones...
This is what I had for lunch.....
Top left: Roti Jala with chicken curry + chicken rendang and ketumpat
Top right: Nasi brani with chicken (the taste is completely wrong)
Bottom left: satay ayam is the most delicious one, the peanut sauce is definitely the Malaysian style Yummy...
Bottom right: a portion of yam cake, taste alright but a bit flat
My verdict is 2 Ups and 2 Downs
and my desserts....
Then I also ordered some finger food and nyonya kuih
Top left: cucuk udang is quite good, it goes well with sweet chili sauce
Top right: Seri muka has the right taste except it appears to be a bit hard exposing in the air
Bottom left: can't remember what this is called, it has shredded coconut with gula melaka inside and the surface is covered by shredded coconut
Bottom right: also cannot remember the name, is a light and fluffy pandan pancake wrapped with again shredded coconut with gula melaka.

Once in awhile it is good to get acquanted with my fellow Malaysians, although this time people that I spoke with are mainly Indonesians, Dutch and even Japanese. Look's like Malaysian food gone international.....


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anita said...

I can't wait to be there next Saturday!

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin