Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Show it OFF

Today I attended a career counselling training at our office. This is the view from 13th Floor of ITO Tower, Amsterdam Zuidas. It is my first time dropping by our 13th floor and the view is superb.
View from the 13th floor
It was an interactive training with role plays and cases. I find it hard to concentrate in the later part of the evening as the course is done in Dutch but none the less it's useful. The most interesting part is where each one has to pick up a post card from the table that represent the values and challenges of one self. It was a moment of self confrontation and also rather difficult to find a suitable postcard with right photo to represent myself.
postcards on the table
If it still makes sense, read on, otherwise you can stop ready by now...
My final choice is a post card with a blond hair lady playing Cello. My theme is 'show it off' in Dutch 'laat te zien'. My clients always value my unique specialty and global experience but my challenge according to my people at work is I am too modest, I need 'to show it off', make it loud and let people know what I am good at. It is actually not very 'me' but that's how the world wants me to be. Further the blond girl has a different meaning as well, I want to be 'blond' not by dying my hair but I want to penetrate into the Dutch society, be part of them and even surpassing them...
!!good night!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin