Pages

Monday, June 01, 2009

Foodie May

Another month passed by, welcome the month of June... here are some of the yummy days in May. Not much of baking in May but still a lot of Japanese flavors in general...
I love to drink this Korean grapefruit drink which you can get in any of the Asian grocery store. I usually used one teaspoon of the grapefruit and add extra honey and crush ginger. I love drinking this in the morning when I woke up as it is refreshing and contains high dosage of vitamin C.


I made this Japanese vegetable dish one Sunday in May when we have a couple from our church for dinner at our place. It is made of sliced french bean and carrot with basic Japanese key ingredients and a lot of white sesame,


One of the WFH (Work From Home) creation, I followed the Japanese cookbook and this is Garlic fried Rice but topped with shiso which can be replaced by Mint and Basil leaves


I also stuffed the extra fried rice to a sweet pepper

Tonic Eggs - Based on a Chinese traditional herbs recipe. The eggs are first hard boiled and then poked with holes and then eggs and the herbs are put into a stewing pot and boiled under hot water for an hour. The eggs absorbed all the taste of the herbs and it is good for blood circulation.

Miso burger

Yakitori with chicken liver and zucchini - delicious when eating it hot...

Miso Soup cooked from scratch with kelp and dashi, this create a more natural taste than the package dashi we usually use...

Teriyaki Salmon


Mumm Champagne

Needless to say, the flag speaks for itself, we when to IKEA last Saturday



Hong Kong Style Noodle X Japanese Ramen - a rather confusing and ambiguous crossover in taste, not something that I would try again...

Another Daifuku (大福) - this time blueberry flavor.. I still prefer the lychee one

Greek take away dinner at Den Haag on the last Sunday of May... My Giros plate was very tasty and heavy, I didn't even finish the fries....

Looking forward to another yummy June

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin