Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mochi-Mochi


I got this pack of mochi from a duty free shop at Narita airport. The pack has been sitting in the fridge since I return. I opened it up the other day and found these colourful mochi, quite a big portion though and it will take awhile to consume if I am enjoying these just by myself.



Assorted Mochi


Assorted mochi and a bowl of freshly whisked Matcha



Black and white sesame mochi, along with the matcha (green tea) ones are rather traditional and no surprise in term of taste.


The Shiso (紫蘇) or Perilla flavor in pink is a surprise. I actually thought it was sakura flavor but I was wrong but shiso taste even better with the twist of sour and sweet.


The orange, lemon and grapefruit ones are contemporary and refreshing. The fragrance of the fruits are not artificial but fresh and real. Among the three, I like orange and grapefruit the best.



Half bite mochi....



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin