Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ume + KitKat

I always thought that the tree at our garden is Japanese cherry blossom (sakura) tree as it always produces flowers during spring time (around April). Only this year we realize that it is a Japanese Ume (plum) tree. For the past few years, the tree has never produce fruits but this year, after we came back from Japan, the tree is abundance of ume.


Green ume fruits hanging on the tree branches

Harvest of green ume

My original intention is to make some umeshosu (ume wine) but the turnaround time would be at least 6 months, so I dropped the idea. Also thinking of turning these ume in to jam but lately I have no extra energy to turn idea into action. So the best is to eat them all as fruits. Equally tasty.

Coincidentally I also bought a few packets of KitKat with seasonal flavor from Japan. The summer limited edition that I picked up from Jusco supermarket at Narita city is so happened to be ume flavor. White chocolate with some sour after taste. Taste exactly like the real ume at home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin