Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Salty Daifuku Mochi (塩大福餅)

I haven't been blogging about food since I came back from Japan. I will start with this one. Salted Daifuku Mochi. This is the specialty of Omotesando of Narita town (成田 -表参道). I picked this up at Jusco department store a night before my departure.

The package consists of 6 mochi, each dusted with extra flour. The texture of the mochi is very soft and delicate, and there are some whole azuki bean on the mochi skin as well, which create a coarse and smooth texture when you take a bite. Inside the mochi is the azuki bean paste that has been lightly salted. As a result the saltiness and the sweetness intertwine really well, creating a balance. That is the secret of Japanese confectionery. This Daifuku is best wash down with a cup of tea.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin