Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Fusion with Leadership

Last night I had dinner with one of our Regional leader at a exclusive restaurant at Ouderkerk a/d Amstel. It is a fusion restaurant as I could tell from the food. The restaurant is located at a converted warehouse or factory area. The interior of the restaurant is rather hip and cool.

Since we are a group of 8, so we had our dinner at the patio area (picture above), which I imagine would be nice on the summer evening but there is no view at night.

As usual, being the only lady in the management team (very lonely actually), I have to cope with 7 male colleagues of which two are of a very senior position. I am not very good with these sort of settings as I always called this "political dinner" that I got the chance to check out exclusive/expensive restaurants but never really enjoy the company and have to be very cautions with the conversation.

Food wise, I am disappointed. We had 4 course dinner but the portion is extraordinary small, everything is almost in a bite-size. Good thing is that we got unlimited serving of bread to fill the empty stomach. Like most fusion kitchen, the sort of food we had were like tempura shrimp with melon, cauliflower with lobster and passion fruit juice, mustard cream soup with truffles, grilled tomato chocolate mouse. It is about the complexity of taste, mixing sweet, sour, spicy to your palate and perhaps turning fusion into (con)fusion.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin