Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Grand Father

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing a great man that I never met before in my life and yet I have a strong desire to get to know him better after 39 years of his death. Joseph Chia Kui Chai is his name.
I have absolutely no recollection of any memory about my grandpa. All I know he is a successful and great man in the British colony era working as a high official for Bau District. This is the grandpa that I always proud of being one of his grand daughters.
To know him better, I did some search in the internet but there is nothing much being said the Bau district and let along back dated to 1930 to 1940 period. I asked my sisters and only my eldest sister Sue able to stir back some memories as such….”All I know that there's a road named after grandpa in Bau. His wooden stilt house is on top of a small hill and just across the road there's many rock formations on which we had spent many happy hours there enjoying ourselves with our cousins from Guan Hee (Dad’s older brother.....from the adoption side). Those old memories are really sweet memories and how I wish they are still there in my bank of memories.”….
I am sorting out some of these old photos, most of them faded away, stained and destroyed, I am trying to restore them using some photography software… I am actually thinking of documenting some memoir for our family but I think I am too ambition as not many people seems to remember those past, let alone me who is distance away from home.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin