Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

SOS in Seville

I felt really bad when I was in the Alcazar and at the moorish courtyard. I suddenly feel cold, shivering and sweating. The sweat was all over me and I feel dizzy and the pain is increasing... I took 2 pain killers again but it didn't help after 20 min or so... I sat at the beautiful Moorish courtyard and know that if I don't seek help I will pass out soon. Although I want to finish visiting the whole compound but it is not possible following my body. I managed to walk to the entrance and seek help. The staffs were very helpful, helped understand my situation, condition and finally decided to call ambulance. So the ambulance came and 2 dressers help performing basic check-up and Q&A with the Alcazar staff as translator. So with the siren on, I was transported from Alcazar to a hospita emergency room somewhere in the city. First time in my life admitted to hospital under SOS condition.

The first hour I was basically lying on the bed until the first consultation. A lot of checks were performed and at least 4 tubes of blood were taken from me for analysis and also a x-tray. To cut the story short, I spent the entire siasta time in the ER and slept my way through while waiting for the blood test result to come out. It was frustuated as most doctors and nurses speak no English but only Spanish or French. Somehow, they managed to find someone who speaks a little English.

While waiting for the 2nd consultation I was thinking may be I have to pay for ambulance transportation, medical consultation and the medicine, but to my surprise I didn't have to pay for a penny. Although the experience of the admission to the hospital is not pleasant, but somehow it is a positive experience to know Sevillian people, they are passionate, caring and very responsibe. They make sure my condition is stable before discharging me. Thanked God that He pepared everything....

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin