Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Scenic Cycling

We are blessed with a wonderful Indian summer today. The weather is so fine that it is ashamed to be in-door. Despite of my yo-yo health situation, I decided to live to the fullest and not let this wonderful day passed by just like that. The idea of cycling came into my mind just because recently I have been driving through N11, a scenic country side route while commuting to work. It is a very green and empty part of the Netherlands and today I fulfilled my cycling wish and also satisfied my photography desire.

Total journey is about 12 km, I started at 3pm, cycling at a very slow pace, stop to take photo whenever I spot something pretty and beautiful scenery's.

Autumn sky, my bicycle and a cow enjoying the sun



Some view along the way...



Beautiful flowers and green...



A boat along the creek and some sheep's on the field

It took me in total 2 hours to complete the journey, much to my surprise that I feel perfectly fine after the bicycle ride, there is no complaints and indeed a journey to recovery. Thanked God for that.

After the ride, I treat myself with this...

Some kind of raspberry parfait, lots of raspberries and layer with yogurt. Since it is yogurt and not cream, it doesn't hold the layer but it is a great treat after the 12km cycling.

It's Friday again, it has been a roller coaster week for me as too many things had happened but today's cycling experience is a rather pleasant way to finish a tough week.

Enjoy your Friday!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin