Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Plaza de España


After the discharge from hospital, I rested a bit at the hotel and started feeling better again. So I walked to a very beautiful square not too far from the hotel, about 10 min walk but then again Seville old city is really small. Passing through a park and an old tobacco factory (which is now a university), I arrived at Plaza de Espana (Spanish Square).


The semicircular square of the Plaza de España has an fountain in its center and is flanked by two towers. Bricks are the main material used in this monument, in combination with tiles and marble columns. The building's style today is called Sevillian Regionalism.


I had a wonderful time walking at this place, enjoying the wonderful tile works that tell different stories and histories.. The late afternoon sun also accentuate the color of that hour.

Uploading photo is very slow with the hotel network, I will post more photos of my trip after I got back home.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin