Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kyoto Style Baked Sweet Potato

Today I made the Kyoto style chakin shibori Sweet potato with cinnamon. Interestingly sweet potato is called Sui-to Poteto (スウィートポテト) in Japanese. This confection seems to be very easy to make, light and with natural sweetness from the sui-to poteto itself...


I cut and steam the sweet potato and then smash them in a mixing bowl with a bit of 20 g butter, 1 tbs cinnamon powder, salt, 1 egg yolk, add sugar to taste if you want extra sweetness, I didn't add sugar but decided to let the sweetness from the sweet potato to take control.

Once mixed, the next job is to get the mixture into individual ping pong shape and twist with pattern if you are up to the challenge, I didn't border...

Last step is to glaze each one with egg york and sprinkle of black sesame, then send to oven 200C for 20 minute.


It is bite size, slightly glazed outer layer but the inside is moist and I can still taste the coarse sweet potato. I washed it down with a glass of cafe latte.



The half bite view



Baked Sweet Potato



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin