Pages

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Not Photogenic but..

I cooked 'Konnyaku no miso ni' on of the day this week, I am hesitating to publish this because it is not photogenic at all but very delicious. My first encounter with Konnyaku (蒟蒻/菎蒻) was last winter when we first visited Kyoto.



Konnyaku itself is tasteless but they appeared in many different Japanese dishes and also commonly available in the supermarket in Japan. I got two package of this from the Japanese groceries store in Amstelveen last weekend.



Since it is tasteless by nature, I cooked it with, sake, mirin, dashi and finally miso glazed it before serving with white sesame.

The final product is really tasty, it even took Johannes by surprise...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin