Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

a.box.of....

Usually one should be excited when receiving a parcel...

Well, in my situation, it is not really a surprise or a Christmas gift, but is a box full of supply of needles, stripes that needed for blood sugar monitoring...

I went for my scheduled appointment at the hospital and after much thoughts I decided to switch from oral medication to 4x injections.

It will all depending on the outcome of the hysterescopy (8th January 2010) to decide if I can go further with the "project", but the pre-condition to that is I must stop taking the oral medications. So switching it now would give me at least one and a half month to stabilize and get use to the injections. Though emotionally and physically I am not sure if I can cope with 4x injection a day. Perhaps is the beginning of the lesson of endurance that I have to learn. All I know is if I don't make this move, the "project" will not stand a chance to move forward....

What it means to me is a lot more inconveniences when it come to dining out, as I have to excuse myself for a little jab job before each meal in the coming months....

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello - do you still find it an inconvenience when you eat out? It looks like you use a pen like me. I just inject at the table. Those pens are so discreet that to me, it is nothing different to applying lipstick. And it's perfectly fine to inject through clothing. In winter if I'm wearing tights, I often inject in the thigh through the tights.

malaymui said...

it takes a bit of lifestyle adjustment, but i don't find it inconvienience at all even when i dine out alone as long as i am wearing two pieces. where possible i will do it in the bathroom, but if i have to do it on the spot, i do happen to have a scarf/shawl that i can inject without drawing any attention.

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin