Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

c.c.c

It's still -3C today and much of the snow outside is already frozen... The white scenery is still pretty and serene but the reality is ugly.... Our car stucked in the snow twice and the tyres just spinning without moving... Thanks to the passer by who rendered help by pushing our car to get it moving.....
While the white vision is pretty and the reality is ugly, I decided indulge myself in holiday baking again...
I need to bake a cake for another neighbour so I baked a small spring form cake and a dozen of cup cakes. I used the same chocolate cup cake recipe, replace the buttermilk with thick coconut cream, and added 1/2 cup of shredded coconut to the batter...

The result is superb... the fragrance of chocolate and coconut fills the house and gives me the warmth on a winter morning....

While applying chocolate ganache on the mini spring form (which I will apply Christmas theme fondant decoration tomorrow), I also decorated one cup cake with chocolate ganache and then sprinkle shredded coconut on top, an inspiration from the heavy snow from the last few days....

chocolate.coconut.cupcake
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin