Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh! I spot Rudolf ...

The red nose reindeer at our back garden today... Well, I spot them NOT but I made them today as a continuation of baking mania during the holiday season....

Red nose Reindeer Cup cakes

They are simple and easy to make but do require creativity in the process of making. I baked another batch of chocolate cupcakes with buttermilk. While waiting for the cupcakes to cool down completely (it is easy on a snowy day...), I assemble the other ingredients - mini M&M for the eyes, peanut red M&M for the red nose, German pretzels for the reindeer horn, Italian almond macarons as the mouth.

I used chocolate ganache to cover the cupcakes as it is easier than chocolate butter cream which then need to squeeze... Making the chocolate ganache is easy, I used up the entire chocolate letter ''J" (from Sinterklaas) for the ganache, dipping is an easy job too and in such a cold weather, the ganache harden up in a few minutes without even going into the fridge. I leave them on the snowy ground at the back garden instead, but that purely for photo shooting...

Then I wrapped them on a self made tray and tied a red ribbon on the transparent plastic wrapper.....
There go the red nose reindeer....
8 days to Christmas and I wonder if it will snow again tongiht and tomorrow another white snowy day....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin