Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

color.me.color.my......

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree.....
The shortbread cookies from yesterday is now painted with colors using royal icing recipe.

Making the royal icing is easy, but getting the right color is a bit of challenge. It is like water color painting, mixing color to my royal icing and getting the color consistency. I gave up painting the santa clause and angel cookies because it is too difficult and troublesome to work with the royal icing that start hardening after awhile

My finished products, not too bad really, the bells and Christmas trees are easiest to manage, the rest needs a bit of creativity, also I wonder why I couldn't get a smooth finishing on most surface, not sure if I have to use a 'brush' like water color painting as I just used teaspoon like a spatula....

I planted 3 Christmas trees on cupcakes... It didn't take me too long to finish all the cookie decoration, I think from the making of the royal icing to washing up in total of 2 hours.

Well, 9 days to Christmas!!! The true meaning of Christmas lies not on jingle bells, Christmas trees, Santa Clause or angels, but the real reason for Christmas season is when a child is born as part of God's plan to save the world, and this child name is Jesus who eventually grown up and died on the cross to pay for our sins and rise again to Heaven.

May the impact of Jesus colors your life starting from this Christmas season.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin