Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

archaeological.museum.istanbul

The site of the museum complex is actually located at the outer garden of Topkapi Palace, it was huge and the collections are extensive.

The Istanbul Archaeology museum main building


Plenty of tombs, statues outside of the main building...


Various statues outside the main building, most of them are eroded and one can tell how these statues survive the test of time....

Some collections on the ground floor of the main buildings... As I mentioned before I am not into history but this museum serves a good purpose for photography and so don't ask me who these statues are... they are probably some of the kings from Roman empires and so forth...

Some more exhibitions


I love this statue, I think she (I hope is not he) is elegantly crafted and this photo also gives the depth of the interior of the museum...

Sadly saying after the long stroll of Topkapi Palace, I have no more energy left to appreciate every single collection that Istanbul Archaeology Museum could offer. I didn't even done with the exhibition of the main building and fall asleep as I sit on some comfy sofa and dozed off for a nap...

Then I am curious of what is in the building opposite (Tiled Kiosk) and so I pulled my tired foot to the Tiled Kiosk for a quick peep

It seems to be the oldest surviving nonreligious Turkish building in Istanbul

Some collections of Anatolian and Ottoman tiles and ceramics

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin