Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

It snowed!!!

It snowed!!! First snow of the year....yeah, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (Christmas tune...)
At dawn twilight - 6.45am, I was woke up by Johannes informing me about the snow... The whole area is covered by blanket of white.... O well, I have the whole day to play with it and then I fall asleep again....


View of our garden from master bedroom at 9.00am when I finally awoke
Playing with Christmas light and focus, the outcome is not bad at all...

The unspoilt snow scenes, our lavender at the back garden is covered with thick snow... Although snow is picturesque but it actually created a chaotic traffic situation for those who still have to get up early to work. The whole transportation system is collapsed today... But it doesn't affect me...

Then at noon time, I made myself this rather peculiar salad which I have read about from a few bloggers- it consists of thinly sliced apple at the bottom, shredded crispy beacon, kimchi, smoked chicken breast (optional), plain yogurt, drips of honey (use maple syrup if you have it) and surrounded by baby rucola (rocket leaves)...

The taste is spot on.... the smokiness of bacon and smoked chicken breast, the tanginess of apple, the sour and spiciness of kimchi, sweetness from honey, the fragrance of rocket leaves and the plain yogurt brings everything together in harmony, it definitely hits the right spot of the taste palette and perfect as a lunch on a snowy day....

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin