Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

KL Food: 1977 Ipoh Chicken Rice

It's lunch time and I am posting some backlog blogs on food again...bear with me...

We ate at Ipoh Chicken Rice restaurant twice. The first time we feast ourselves with half chicken, bean sprouts, fish ball soup and the half chicken apparently to be too much for both of us. Anyway, the chicken was smooth and soft, very delicate. The fish ball is so crunchy that every bite I take, it spring in my mouth and the taste of the fish is so real. The bean sprouts are fat, short and juicy too...

On a different occasion, we learned our lesson and Johannes ordered just normal chicken rice for one person and I had this Ipoh shredded chicken rice stick(怡保鸡丝河玢). Out of my curiosity, I also ordered this Stewed Pork Belly dish (梅菜扣肉). A rather fat and oily dish which I refrain most of the time, but if I just pick and eat the meat and let go of the fat, it is okay, at least for this home trip. The dish is very nicely done, it is not greasy at all and if you happen to eat the fat, it just melts in your mouth directly.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin