Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Lunch Box Today

Instead of my daily bread, which I always packed bread for my lunch at work, I decided to make Onigri (Japanese Rice ball) using the left over rice and salmon from last night. It is very easy to make Onigri especially now that we have the mold to hold/press the shape. Just shred the teriayaki salmon into small pieces and mix it to the rice and spread a bit of black roasted sesames for additional aroma. Then scoop the rice into the Onigri mold, press it down and tighten the rice using the cover provided. Take it out from the mold and wrap it individually with clinging foil if it is not eaten immediately. Take a pack of nori (Japanese seaweed sheet) and put them in my lunch box. DONE!!!

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin