Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

KL Food: Tai Ping Lang Restaurant

My friend is from Penang and therefore it is no surprise that she brought us here for lunch. Tai Ping Lang Restaurant is located at Puchong and is famous for its northern Malaysian Hokkien home style cooking. Since she is a regular here and thus she ordered the dishes for us all.

(1) Mixed sour vegetable stew – Kiam Chai Buey (咸菜尾) - Hmmm I really missed this dish, used to be my favorite and I had this almost once a week.

(2) Shredded Jicama fried with cuttlefish - Bangkuang Cha (鱿鱼炒沙葛) - Nicely done and the way to eat this is to wrap a spoonful of the bangkuang cha to a lectuce leaf and take a bite...

(3) Fried Assam Prawn – exactly the way my mum used to make this dish, with a lot of seasoned the prawn with abundance of tamarind paste and sugar to taste. Yummy.

(4) Penang Assam Laksa Fish – The soup itself already reminded me of assam laksa.

(5) Soy sauce pork – tou yu bak (酱油肉), I am not so fancy with this dish as I find it a bit too sweet and the presentation doesn't appeal me either.

(6) Fried pork sausage nyonya style – Ba Kian (肉卷) is made with cornstarch and tapioca flour, five spice mix, oyster sauce etc and miex with minced prawn, pork, water chestnut, carrot, onion etc. It needs to be cool and frozen for an hour so that the meat absorb the taste and then wrap with bean curd skin and deep fried.

Now here is the interior of the restaurant. The restaurant is not too crowded when we were there, it has its own character and a mixed of straight chinese interior and also a very homely decoration as if we were eating at someones home.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin