Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Back to Reality

We are back from Paris, this morning we woke up in time for the petit dejeuner (typical French's breakfast)


My petit dejeuner went a little beyond what you see in this photo, but this was what I started with...
The home bound trip was alright, not much traffic at the French's road but we stood in still traffic at the Dutch's border...


Arriving home, Iris welcomed me at the corner... what a lovely surprise with the full blossom...

Roses hugged me from four corners of our garden...
We are in the Japanese crave again after the discovery of 'little Japan' in Paris and decided to let the theme continues....
Johannes made this chicken dish from the Harumi Kurihara cookbook - sauteed chicken with chives and ponzu soy sauce. The chive gave the strong sense of spring and the ponzu sauce has a light acidic/citrus ending...

I made the vegetable of the month - Asparagus the Japanese way too, also from the same recipe book. Parboil white asparagus and then mixing it with black sesame and other Japanese ingredients.


Dinner un (1), deux (2), trois (3) - all dishes are light and summery

After dinner, I checked out the macarons that I bought in Paris and carried all the way home... most of them (Pierre Herme and Sadaharu Aoki) survived the journey but I had 2 macarons from Laduree smashed and crushed in the box. The green mint and the yellow citrus were the victims and thus they ended as my dessert together with one last one from Vincent Dallet.

A lot of photos and thoughts of Paris to organize, basically about food. patisseries, macarons, salon de Thé and of course the little Japanese elements in our Paris trip. Check out for more stories and photos...
For now, good night and have a good week ahead. It will be a difficult week for me at work with hard decisions to make, will tell you more next week...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin