Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Lychee Daifuku (荔枝大福)

I bought a pack of Lychee Mochi from a Chinese grocery store in Den Haag last week. Mochi is a common sweet/desert in Japan and Taiwan. They are usually made of rice flour. There are a few flavors such as mango, yam and others but I only bought the Lychee the fragrance is refreshing in the late spring season.


I had my mochi/Daifuku with a freshly brewed Japanese matcha and they are such perfect match for afternoons pick me up.

Lychee Daifuku and Ippodo Matcha


Lychee Mochi - just by the look of it already feeling cool and refreshing


At one moment I thought I am back to Japan again :)

Daifuku when cut out, the lychee paste inside is very light and soft
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin