Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Stroll along Saint-Germain-des-prés

I hope you are still in the mood to stroll the city of Paris with me? Now I am going to take you through the Latin quarter of Saint-Germain-des-prés. We were here last Friday on 22nd May 2009.

It was not crowded when we arrived at around 11am, weather were promising

There are also a lot of interesting shops and rather unique boutiques and less high street fashion. We were browsing the shop window displays


The reflection of Johannes and the hop-on-off yellow bus at the bus stop

A shop called SAVE THE QUEEN, reminds me of the recent incident on the Dutch Queen... God bless her...

The sky was clear blue but a bit chilly when sitting outside of the sunshine
We walked a long way around the area also taking our time at Jardin du Luxembourg before hunting for lunch.

We were pondering if we should sit in this little bistro Au Petit Suisse

Or this Cafe Les Deux Magots ??

But finally we settled at the quiet corner of Marché St Germain, we had our late lunch in this bistro. We both ordered the small bistro menu.

Johannes had this roasted lamb and I had this foie gras version. The foie gras is superbly marinated and the taste is really complex and pleasing. The set menu comes with the choice of drink, which we both opted for Badoit.


I didn't had any alcohol in Paris, this is my champagne san alcohol , aka sparkling water, which taste equally refreshing...


The dessert is an interesting composition of strawberry sorbet, Espresso and Madeleine.

Opposite the bistro, there is this little red soup restaurant that caught my attention, may be I will paint this one day...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin