Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Everyone needs a LV

I am sure everyone needs a LV at some points in our lives or even one or two LV each year. Well, I am talking about Long Vacation; don’t get me wrong if you think I am referring to Louis Vuitton. I don’t need a LV handbag every year….
How long a LV should be and how long is long enough? That’s again is personal definition, for me anything starting from 2 weeks is long so long. Next question is when to go and where to go…
I have a list of countries/cities that I want to visit, some don’t need a LV to cover, and other may need more than 2 weeks.

Date more or less fixed, so now the question is WHERE? We actually said to ourselves not to make an Asia trip this year but our hearts are pointing us to Edo… and frankly speaking after the very first Japanese experience in Kyoto and Kansai region, I would love to go back to Japan again… If it takes 2 weeks to convert Johannes from hating Japanese cuisine to loving and cooking Japanese cuisine, it would most likely to take another 2 weeks to refine….

Roanji at Kyoto
I missed the wagashi(生菓子), matcha (抹茶) and the freshness of the seafood, the fresh air, the beautiful gardens and the hills of Kyoto… We thought of spending a few days in Edo (Tokyo) itself tracing down the Tokugawa family and the rest of the trip somewhere in a small village by the sea….

Impression of Japan, Fuij mountain and sakura
We also thought of first taking a train to Paris and live a week like a Parisian and discover the in depths the Parisian lifestyles, checking out Ladurée, Pierre Hermé, Gerard Mulot, Angelina and many other cafés or salon de Thé, patisseries cum chocolatiers in the city. Plus I can also find a Japaneses Wagashi store - Toraya in Paris.

Most of the tartlets, cakes that we tasted recently

Imagine buying the fresh produce from the daily market and cooking at the apartment, sipping café noir at the street side cafés, strolling the streets, parks, boulevards, hand-in-hand and indulge in the romance of this city that I have visited for no less than 15 times yet still discovering new things each visit. For the rest of the trip, take another train ride to the coastal city to enjoy the Mediterranean sun, sea and sands in Provence or Languedoc where the smell of lavender is in the air…

Paris - Eiffel Tower from a distance

Another option for Europe destination that I would like to cover is Sardinia and that could easily combine with Rome – the eternal city. Johannes having knows so much about Rome never been to Rome himself, it would be good for him to live the history and for me to have a knowledgeable guide on many places that I have visited before as a tourist.

Anyway, no concrete plan yet, just fingers crossed and hopefully things will just work out as time approaching...…

When is your LV, where are you going for your LV???
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin