Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Making of Kimchi

I made some kimchi today... This is my first attempt, so yet to figure out the taste but I marinated the cabbage and it is in a tight container...
I cut the cabbage into half, wash and drain dry... in fact I washed them just before I left for church and let them air dry in the kitchen.

I marinated the cabbage in the evening after I returned from Sunday service. Here is a photo in action. I sprinkled the kimchi powder on each layer of the cabbage and also added some carrot and spring onion at the same time, repeating till all layers are dusted with red color...
Now, it has to sit in the room temperature and tight container for a day (24 hours) to soften and break down the structure, then it can be put into the fridge for 2 more days before the kimchi is ready to serve....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin