Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Birthday Card to HEAVEN

Today is my dear Daddy birthday; it would be his 78th Birthday to be exact if he lives until today. Over the years I have developed the habit of sending him a birthday card and a cheque beginning of the month and then followed by a phone call on the day itself. This year I am confronted with the fact I have made a birthday card but with no address to post it, unless HEAVEN is a valid address for me now.

I remembered the period after my mum passed away and when I was furthering my education in UK, I took the courage to write to him and he replied my every letter, telling me his recent development and etc. We had a very open communication then. I also remembered I attended his baptism ceremony in 1995 shortly after I returned from the UK. Then I live almost the rest of my life outside of Kuching, Sarawak.

Since I left home at the age of 20, I rarely spent a lot of time with my Dad and the longest would probably be during his trip to Europe in March 2008 (of which I didn't treasure to the fullest). He visited me twice in Hong Kong, once with his buddy uncle Chowpi where I took them to Shanghai. The second time was during our wedding in 2002, none of the trip lasts as long as 3 weeks.

I looked at some of the old photos that I have digitized and my Dad looks really handsome and to certain extend, my youngest brother actually acquires his look.

There is more that I would like to express than what words can express here. I wanted to send him this birthday card that I have hand painted myself, I rekindle my long lost hobby since his death and I have painted this bunch of golden tulips that I would have sent it to him, but I guess there is no valid address to heaven at this moment till my time on earth is finished….
Dearest Daddy

Happy Birthday to you, normally I will wish you health and happiness, but this year I know that it would be probably you best time ever in Heaven, because there is no longer weak limbs or painful lung but you are in the perfect condition in Heaven because you are living in the eternal spirit. I know you must have already found MaMa there too and you both would have made up all the sour days on earth with forgiveness and focusing yourselves worshipping God and Jesus who is sitting at the right hand of God. Mama once said death is not fearful but the beginning of eternity and I know you both are living in that testimony now.
Once again Happy Birthday!!!

Your daughter
14th May 2009
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin