Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Moments Like This...

Yesterday I had this 45 min to an hour with my father alone at his bedside while others were busy with something. Dad experienced sudden difficulty in breathing. I was alarmed and suspecting that the oxygen has finished and thus call the nurse to help, for some reason the oxygen was not turn on and that the nurse has to turn it on.

In moment like this, I didn’t know what to do and what to say. Dad held my hand as if he has something to say but couldn’t articulate any word and I was thinking what should I do in moment like this and suddenly the presence of the Lord was so strong and the Lord reminded me of the ever lasting Father’s love. I could feel God’s presence and comfort, and as my hand is in my Dad’s hand, it was like God the Father is holding my other hand and I am so close to Him. God is saying ‘my child, do not be afraid, for I am with you’. That very moment I knew that as my Father in Heaven is holding my hand and leading me, He is also holding the very same hand of my daddy. In moments like this, I know that although for most parts of my life I am not always next to my daddy but I know that I am definitely with him walking off the last journey. As I am holding my Daddy’s hands, God the Father is also there holding my other hand. Then I realized that word is not just for me, but the same words are also for my father.

I just burst out in tears and prayed in my spirit acknowledging my Heavenly Father’s love and also the very same love that God has for my father and the same love from my earthly father.

In moments like this, there is nothing needs to be said or be done, as I hold on to my father’s hand, I know a song of joy starts flowing in my spirit and in his…..

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin