Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Remake of Nippon Omen

Despite of thinking of eating out tonight, we finally decided to cook and eat at home. So what for dinner tonight?? I am keen on the remake of the Omen Nippon and the vegetable zen garden, so we settled with udon tonight.

Johannes is responsible for the soup and the udon. The soup is made of Dashi and mirin with a few chucks of leek. While the udon is made of a pack of dried udon boiled to soften the texture and is served dry top with shredded nori

I made this zen garden with Cucumber, leek, spring onion, white reddish pickle (taikon) and some shredded ginger. Then I decided to decorate this plate of vegetables with smoked salmon rolled to a stone shape. These are all for the eye illustration.

Then we also had two chicken yakitory as side dishes (leftover from last night).

and some seasoned dried tiny Japanese anchovies that I bought from Kyoto.

This is how my bowl looks half way

Finally, this is how my bowl looks, only a few white sesame scattered around to show my sense of satisfaction.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin