Pages

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Japanese Afternoon Tea

Perhaps I am becoming a Japanese maniac and that everything I eat/drink are of Japanese or from Japan. Yesterday while working from home, I brewed a pot of Kaboku tea leaves (嘉木) using a Japanese teapot we got from Nara. As the tea are rather bitter (even the sencha 煎茶), so I compliment it with the Japanese dried black bean which is called Kuromame (黒豆日本) and other 2 types of dried snacks I bought from the flea market at Kyoto.

Photo:

Top row: left- Kaboku Sencha zoom in, middle- Kaboku tea leaves in the Japanese teapot, Right- cups of tea

Middle row: Left- Dried Sweet citroen, middle – The packaging of Kaboku tea and tea pot (taken in Japan), Right – Assorted dried condiments

Bottom row: Left – Dried Anko bean, Middle – Wet tea leaves in the pot, Right – Kuromame (黒豆日本).

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin