Pages

Friday, January 09, 2009

Kyoto Food: Matcha Latte

Again this may not be typically Kyoto but we kind of like this café very much that we visited twice in 2 different days. Café Promenade is located at the southern strip of Teramachi Dori (寺町通), kind of towards the end of the strip that selling electronics.

On my first visit, I ordered Matcha Latte which tastes really warm and homely on a cold afternoon. The froth is made of soya bean instead of milk, which is exactly my preference as I don't like the taste of milk that much. They also served excellence western cakes.

The ambiance of the café is very relaxed and airily, there are plenty of Japanese magazines that one can pick up to read cozily or a few friends chatting over tea or coffee. The cafe culture in Kyoto is pretty much the same as other part of the world. All I wish is that if it could be smoke free.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin