Pages

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Kyoto Food: Kagizen Yoshifusa 鍵善良房

22nd December 2008

After the long walk to and around Kiyomizu-dera and Southern Higashiyama area, we stopped by Kagizen Yoshifusa 鍵善良房 for tea break.

Of course I ordered matcha that served with a wagashi. This time I got the opportunity to choose from one of the four seasonal wagashi. I opt for this lovely winter peony wagashi.

This lovely seasonal wagashi (winter peony) is too real and pleasing to the eyes and in fact beautiful to be eaten.

They also serve a much better matcha (in term of thickness and texture) compared to the one I tasted in Arashimaya.

While I am enjoying my matcha treat, Johannes also has his portion of sweet treat which I think he doesn't enjoy much. It is some kind of sweet anko bean paste with glutinous rice and the small dish on the left contains of some salty/sour bites that give contrast to the sweet.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin