Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Namagashi (和菓子) - The Beauty to My Eyes

9th January 2009

Also together with my matcha tea, I ate this namagashi (和菓子). This namagashi looks so crystallized and transparent under the winter sunlight. This is one of the left over Namagahsi that I bought from Kyoto.

As I already mentioned, all namagashi is too beautiful and delicate to be eaten. However, I am still eating it anyway despite of all the admiration.

This one is dusted with sugar and not made of mochi (rice flour), however it has the same anko bean paste as the filling. This is how it look after I cut it into half. The anko bean paste surfaced.

Taste wise, not too sweet and tone down the bitterness of matcha.

LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment:

Shalala News Web said...

Oishii desu nee...

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin