Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sushi Today

Today I am in-charge of the kitchen and decided to let the Japanese flare continues… I decided to make sushi today and this is probably my fourth sushi making experience thus it is quite handy.

This is the ingredients I used. Haring fish, cucumber, tarako paste, Edo-style tofu, carrot, taikon, surimi crab stick.

The rice is mixed with rice vinegar and let cool while we went out in the morning. On our return, I started to shape the sushi rice. Instead of salmon or tuna, we use the Dutch salted haring which turned out equally good.

A couple of Tamagoyaki (egg sushi)

1 maki-sushi (巻き寿司) – a big roll

1 Hosomaki (細巻き)- thin roll

From left to right, top down

(1) California hand roll, haring sushi, Hosomaki

(2) Tarako sushi, surimi sushi, haring sushi

(3) Hosomak, Tamagoyak sushi, Inari sushi (稲荷寿司)

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin