Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lemon Meringue Pie in café Wester Paviljoen

This afternoon after the church workers' meeting, we rushed to Rotterdam as I would like to buy a new digital camera before the shop closed at 5pm. Anyhow, the model that I want is currently out of stock and thus I have to reserve and wait for two weeks. After that we went to this cozy cafe called the Wester Paviljoen in Rotterdam. Now that smoking is prohibited in this country, I feel more enjoyable nowadays indulging in cafés as it is smoke free and the air is clean compared to the smoky atmosphere in the past.

I ordered this Lemon Pie, which taste quite good, not too sweet and went well with the black espresso. I like the meringue top, lightly burnt and fluffy. The lemon custard itself is light and airily which the side edge of the bottom was a bit hard, has to use force with my fork in order to break crush it into pieces.

Johannes ordered the carrot cake and he likes the cream more than the cake. The side of the cream is coated with some shredded coconut which accent the taste and flavors.

No comments:

You may also like these

Blog Widget by LinkWithin